Research > Online Resources > Travel
In addition to these websites, a search for the subject “travel” in the Library’s online catalog will result in listings that lead to excellent eBooks and eAudiobooks that may be downloaded to your computer or mobile device.
At the Library, books and videos on travel topics may be browsed within call numbers 910 through 919. Travel Magazines include: Arthur Frommer’s Budget Travel, Backpacker, Conde Nast’s Traveler, Midwest Life, National Geographic Traveler, and Travel and Leisure.
- AtoZ World Travel – Continually updated and currently featuring over 200 city guides, AtoZ World Travel provides the low-down on city neighborhoods and districts, in-town excursions and day trips, major attractions, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, shopping, and insiders' tips on navigating the city and culture. The site also arms travelers with all the information necessary to make travel safe and stress-free, with detailed accounts of any health advisories, travel essentials like passport and visa information, lists of local embassies and consulates, city maps, currency information, real-time weather reports and communications information. This online resource is available remotely, 24/7 to Warrenville Library cardholders. You will need your Warrenville library card number and 4 digit pin number to access the database.
- Country Watch – Country information including current political, historical, economic, environmental, and demographic data.
- Countries In Perspective – Each country study starts with a Country Profile section containing basic facts about the target country, followed by selected themes organized under the major headings of Geography, History, Economy, Society and Security.
- CultureGrams – Young travelers can discover the world with concise cultural and statistical snapshots of every country recognized by the United Nations – from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe. Local experts document the unique, intimate details of each country's customs, traditions and daily life. This online resource is available remotely, 24/7 to Warrenville Library cardholders. You will need your Warrenville library card number and 4 digit pin number to access the database.
- Elderhostel – Elderhostel offers in-depth and behind-the-scenes learning experiences for almost every interest and ability. Specializes in educational travel for older adults.
- Transportation Security Administration – “What to Know Before You Go” advice offered by transportation safety experts.
- Travel Safety – Safe traveling tips from federal agencies for multiple modes of transportation.
- Trip Spot: The Travel Spot on the Web – Find the best travel maps, fares, hotels, destination ideas, city guides, and more.
- U.S.State Department - Bureau of Consular Affairs – Information for U.S citizens travelling abroad. Information for foreign citizens trying to obtain a Visa to enter the U.S.
Inclusion of resources or references to them does not constitute or imply endorsement or support by the Warrenville Public Library District or its employees. The Library does not make warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information from these resources.