Research > Online Resources > News & Newspapers
- ArticleFirst – Index of articles from the contents pages of journals. Often provides a list of libraries that own the journal title. This online resource is available remotely, 24/7 to Warrenville Library cardholders. You will need your Warrenville library card number and 4 digit pin number to access the database.
- Chicago Sun Times Online – The Sun-Times covers politics and government on the local, state, and national level.
- Chicago Tribune – The Chicago Tribune covers international and national news, as well as important issues and events in Chicago, Illinois, and the entire Midwest.
- CNN Cable Network News – CNN.com delivers the latest breaking news and information on the latest top stories, weather, business, entertainment, politics, and more.
- Country Watch – Country information including current political, historical, economic, environmental, and demographic data.
- Daily Herald Online – The Daily Herald covers local communities in Northwest Cook County, DuPage, Lake, McHenry, and Kane Counties and Fox Valley.
- General Reference Center – General interest articles from magazines, reference books, and newspapers, many with full-text and images. Find the latest current events, pop culture, the arts and sciences, sports, hobbies, and more. This online resource is available remotely, 24/7 to Warrenville Library cardholders. You will need your Warrenville library card number and 4 digit pin number to access the database.
- Internet Movie Database – News source for information on all aspects of film – actors, directors, etc.
- New Jour – This source provides a listing of all new e-journals available on the Internet.
- New York Times – Online edition of the newspaper's recent content.
- NewsDaily – Breaking News updated every 15 minutes.
- OmniFile (formerly WilsonSelect Plus) – Full-text articles in science, humanities, education and business from US and international professional publications, academic journals, and trade magazines. This online resource is available remotely, 24/7 to Warrenville Library cardholders. You will need your Warrenville library card number and 4 digit pin number to access the database.
- Newspapers.com – A listing of newspapers including international, industry, specialty, and entertainment publications.
- Slashdot – Technology-related news website owned by Geeknet, Inc. The site, which bills itself as "News for Nerds. Stuff that Matters" features user-submitted and ‑evaluated current affairs news stories about science- and technology-related topics.
- Sun-Times Media (Naperville, Wheaton, Aurora) – Suburban Chicago Newspapers provides local news, sports, entertainment, and lifestyles for the collar counties of the Chicago suburbs.
- USA Today – Up-to-the-minute news & information including National and International News, Money, Sports, Life, Tech, and Weather news.
- Warrenville Web – An online guide to events happening in and around the Warrenville area.
Inclusion of resources or references to them does not constitute or imply endorsement or support by the Warrenville Public Library District or its employees. The Library does not make warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information from these resources.