Research > Online Resources > Law
- American Law Sources Online (ALSO) – An extensive compilation of links to freely available sites on U.S., Canadian, and Mexican law sources including: cases, statues, commentary, law reviews, practice aids, court information, and official forms.
- DuPage Bar Legal Aid – Provides legal representation to lower-income citizens of DuPage County primarily regarding domestic relations and family law.
- Dupage County Bar Association – Legal services and lawyer referral.
- FindLaw – Popular, easily navigable site that offers a mix of cases, statutes, news, and legal directories.
- Free Legal Forms (Illinois) – This legal resource center is available in English and Spanish, and also provides links to other legal document sites.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library – Access to more than 380 electronic reference titles — eBooks — in health, medicine, science, art, history, business, biography and more. This online resource is available remotely, 24/7 to Warrenville Library cardholders. You will need your Warrenville library card number and 4-digit pin number to access the database.
- Gavel2gavel – Provides free legal research and governmental resources including access to free legal forms, case law, court rulings, state laws, and legal issues.
- Hieros Gamos – Rich site of legal directories from around the world, as well as news, guides, and legal reference material.
- Illinois Administrative Code – Full text of the Code from the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules, searchable by keyword and code title.
- Illinois Statutes / Laws / Pending Legislation – Illinois State Government Documents Library website. Search the library catalog or access other useful resources.
- Law Moose – World Legal Resource Center – LawMoose's World Legal Resource Center Search Engine features a specialty search engine indexing a selection of valuable legal research sites.
- Legal Information Reference Center – Contains over 310 full-text publications and thousands of legal forms. Many of the full-text legal reference books are provided through Nolo. This database offers the everyday user the necessary tools and detailed “how-to” instructions to independently address a wide-range of legal issues including business law, financial planning, family law, property & real estate and rights & disputes.This online resource is available remotely, 24/7 to Warrenville Library cardholders. You will need your Warrenville library card number and 4-digit pin number to access the database.
- LexisNexis.InfoPro – Includes Zimmerman’s Research Guide, an online encyclopedia for legal researchers.
- Nolo’s Legal Dictionary – Find plain-English definitions for legal terms by browsing Nolo's Plain-English Law Dictionary.
- THOMAS – From the Library of Congress, the definitive site for U.S. federal legislative information, bills, resolutions, committee information, congressional records, treaties, and presidential nominations.
Inclusion of resources or references to them does not constitute or imply endorsement or support by the Warrenville Public Library District or its employees. The Library does not make warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information from these resources.