Research > Online Resources > Automobiles
- AAA Fuel Cost Calculator – Estimates the amount and cost of gasoline needed to complete a vacation trip.
- Auto Repair Reference Center – Provides factory drawings, step-by-step photos, technical service bulletins and recalls, guides to vehicle ownership and maintenance, and more. This database is available remotely with your Warrenville Library card number and 4 digit PIN.
- Autobytel – Consumers can research pricing, specifications and other information regarding new and pre-owned vehicles; and purchase, finance, lease, insure, sell or maintain their vehicles.
- Automotive Recycling – Listed on Page 5 amd 6 of the DuPage County Recycling Guide PDF.
- Car Talk – Site of the funny and useful National Public Radio one-hour call-in show "CarTalk."
- Consumers for Auto Reliability and Safety – National consumer advocacy organization works to "save lives, prevent injuries, and protect consumers from auto-related fraud and abuse." It provides a summary of recent safety legislation and links to government, consumer sources for researching vehicles, and buying tips.
- Driver Safety Program for Seniors – AARP's Driver Safety Program is designed for drivers aged 50 and over. Classes are offered locally, search at this site.
- Edmund's.com – Edmund's car buying guide lists new car prices, used car prices, car comparisons, car buying advice, car ratings, car values, and auto leasing.
- Fuel Economy Guide – The official government source for fuel economy information.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety – Independent nonprofit, scientific and educational organization supplies vehicle ratings, and vehicle and highway safety news.
- Kelley Blue Book – Values and pricing on new and used cars.
- National Automobile Dealer's Association – NADA new car pricing, used car values, model comparisons, reviews, and buying resources for new and used cars.
- National Average Fuel Prices – A public service of AAA, the motoring and leisure travel membership organization, and updated daily.
- National Highway Safety Administration – Displays lists of recalls and technical service bulletins, as well as information on vehicle safety, and impaired drivers resources.
- Popular Mechanics/Cars – Auto technology and industry news, road tests, and reviews.
- The Car Connection – Contains reviews, news, automotive job boards, message boards, humor, and good collections of car-related links.
- Vehicle Emission Testing and Recall – U.S. Environmental Protection Agency provides information about recall settlements and consent decree agreements reached between the Automotive Industry and EPA and a listing of the Voluntary recalls by calendar year.
Inclusion of resources or references to them does not constitute or imply endorsement or support by the Warrenville Public Library District or its employees. The Library does not make warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information from these resources.