Reading > eMagazines
Love reading magazines? Try the Library’s new eMagazine collection and read them on your iPad, Android tablet, Mac or PC. We’ve selected over 30 popular magazines, including Chicago Magazine, The Economist, Food Network Magazine, Good Housekeeping, Men's Health, Newsweek, US Weekly and more. You can read the full-color, cover-to-cover issues as soon as they’re available--no waiting. Intrigued? To get started, watch the tutorial on setting up your account below. You can also follow the instructions below or click on the link to Recorded Books step-by-step guide.
Watch these tutorials provided by Elmhurst Public Library to help you get started or read the instructions below.
Setting Up Your Zinio Account
Reading Magazines with the iPad
Setting up your Account:
Please follow the directions below or click on this link to access a step-by-step set-up guide provided by Recorded Books.
In order to access Zinio, you will set up two separate accounts, a Library account and a personal account. NOTE: These two accounts must use the same email. You may use the same password if you choose.
- Click here or click on the Zinio button at the top of this page to go to the Library's Zinio page. If you are outside of the Library or using your own device, you will be prompted for your Warrenville Library card number and PIN.
- Create your Library account using the purple "Create Account!" button. You will enter your email address and select a password.
- When you receive your confirmation email (this may take a few minutes), click the link to confirm your Library account.
- Log in to your newly created Library account (give it a moment for the page to load).
- You will now be prompted to create your personal account when you select your first magazine. Remember that you must use the same email address. You may use the same password if you choose.
- Your personal account will open in a separate browser tab. This is the account you will use to read the magazines that you have selected.
- The Library account tab is labeled 'Return to Library Collection'. This is the tab from which you will select more magazines to add to your personal account.
You can add magazines to your personal account by selecting magazines while logged into the Library account (under the 'Return to Library Collection' tab on your browser).
You read magazines using your personal Zinio account on a PC, Mac or a mobile device.
Apps are available - click here for more information. You should add the Zinio app AFTER you have set up your Library account and personal account. Please note that the eMagazines are primarily formatted for computers and tablets. Only some magazines are formatted and available for viewing on smart phones.
Confused or have further questions? Read through the FAQs below or call the Information Desk at 630/393-1171 x106 for further assistance.
1. Can I be charged for reading a magazine in Zinio?
The Library has subscribed to a number of magazines available through Zinio. These magazines are free when you add them to your personal account from the library account. Zinio is a commercial website and you do have the option to purchase additional magazines for your personal use with your own money.
2. Are all the magazines that you own in print available in the eMagazine collection?
No, not every title in print is available to purchase for the Library collection. However, we would love to hear what titles Warrenville Library card holders want us to include in this new service. Email email@example.com to make a suggestion.
3. What is the loan period for a magazine?
There is no loan period. You keep the magazines for as long as you like. You can delete them from your personal Zinio account when you've finished with them.
4. Can I print from a magazine?
The ability to print is determined by the publisher of each magazine. Depending on the publisher, you can print a range of pages, a single page or none at all. Printing is not available from the mobile apps. You must print while using Zinio in your browser.
5. How many people can look at the same magazine at once?
There is no limit to the number of people who can use a magazine issue at the same time. Enjoy!
6. If I already have my own Zinio account, can I use it for my library account as well?
7. When I select a magazine, will I continue to get new issues?
No. In order to get the next issue, you must return to the library account and add it to your personal account from there.
8. I get the error: "This magazine offer or download page cannot be found..."
This is a bug that Zinio is aware of and hopes to resolve soon. The bug appears to be sporadic, so you should be able to gain access to the magazine by trying again later. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this or other errors are persistent.
List of Titles
- Chicago Magazine
- Country Living
- The Economist
- Every Day with Rachael Ray
- Family Circle
- Family Handyman
- Food Network Magazine
- Good Housekeeping
- Martha Stewart Living
- Men's Health
- Mental Floss
- Mother Earth News
- National Geographic
- Natural Health
- O, The Oprah Magazine
- OK! Magazine
- Reader's Digest
- Runner's World
- Smithsonian Magazine
- Star Magazine
- Taste of Home
- US Weekly
- Vegetarian Times
- Woman's Day
- Women's Health
- Yoga Journal