Computer Services Limited Wednesday, October 14
Library services will be limited until 5 pm on Wednesday, October 14 while we upgrade our circulation and catalog systems. During the upgrade:
- Your library card must be presented in order to check out materials.
- We ask all patrons to limit the number of items being checked out.
- The Library’s catalog will be unavailable. We will be unable to check the status of our materials or your account, renew items, or process requests.
- Electronic services that require a barcode and PIN, such as online databases, eMediaLibrary and Zinio, will be unavailable.
- The public-access computers, printer and copier will be in service as usual.
Themed backpacks on topics that appeal to young readers are now available in the Youth Services Department. Each backpack contains 3-5 items on a specific theme and can be checked out for two weeks. Popular Discovery Packs include:
- Potty Training
- Pet Dogs / Pet Cats
- Going to the Doctor / Dentist
- New Baby
Convert Old Media to New Media
The Library offers Warrenville cardholders a variety of options to convert old media to new. The Quick Scan to USB feature on our public copier allows Library patrons to quickly scan a photo, form or other document to a file saved on a personal USB flash drive. The new VHS Conversion Station offers a DVR to copy your VHS and VHS-C tapes to DVD, while our Scanning Station utilizes a flatbed scanner and computer-based software to transfer photos, slides, film or documents to digital media or cloud storage. For your convenience, USB flash drives, writeable DVDs and headphones may be purchased for use with the copier or stations. For in-home use, mobile devices including slide converters, video converters, USB floppy drives, a 12-in-1 USB memory card reader, USB DVD writers and USB hard drives may be checked out for two weeks. Training for any of our devices is available via our Book a Librarian program and is required before using the Scanning or Conversion Stations. Schedule a training session in person or by calling 630/393-1171 x100.