In the Fall of 2011, the Library Board of Trustees began collecting information from residents and staff in order to select priorities for a revised strategic plan. Revisions were adopted in March 2013. Four strategic priorities are the focus for Fiscal Years 2013 through 2016:
- Be a comfortable place with areas for gathering, meeting and studying. Areas to be addressed include casual and formal gathering spaces, quiet study spaces and a dedicated space for technology.
- Embrace emerging technologies as a means to provide services and resources to library users.
- Create a space for teens that they can identify as their own. The space will encourage them to gather at the Library to use library resources, participate in programs, share ideas, study and create.
- In order to meet the needs of our patrons, the Library will provide a continuous learning environment for library staff that emphasizes cross-training, adaptability and personal / professional development.
The Strategic Priorities document can be accessed here. The document includes an overview of the process as well as proposed action steps for each Fiscal Year that were developed by the Library’s Management Team.
Facts & Figures
Highlights from the Library’s Annual Report for July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012
Use of the Library
- Library Visitors: 146,700
- Items Checked out: 263,611
- Reference Questions Answered: 15,426
- Library Cardholders: 7,039
- Computer Sessions: 32,359
- 4,121 people attended 138 Adult Programs
- 6,370 people attended 209 Youth Programs
- 821 people attended 50 Young Adult Programs
- Books Owned: 115,567
- DVDs Owned: 7,682
- Audio Books & Music CDs Owned: 7,997
- Total Income: $1,626,419
- Total Expenditures: $1,478,003